Dental Implants in Merritt Island
If you have gaps in your smile or you need a tooth extraction, dental implants may be the solution for a complete smile. Dental implants provide a firm base for a prosthetic tooth and are a more permanent alternative to dentures.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants can replace one tooth or even an entire arch by implanting a metal post into the jaw which replicates the root of a tooth.
A prosthetic tooth is then fixed to the post just like a real tooth so it sits on, rather than over, the gum line.
The result is incredibly natural so that no one but you will know you’ve had work done.
If you take good care of them they can last a lifetime.
Why you should consider dental implants
A full mouth of healthy teeth looks great and helps you look more youthful. But more important than that, filling in gaps between your teeth is really important to oral health.
- Gaps are perfect places for bacteria to hide which can lead to dental disease.
- The bone underneath missing teeth can begin to deteriorate because it’s not in use and will eventually alter the shape of your jaw and face.
- The gaps allow remaining teeth to move around and can eventually leave them misaligned and uncomfortable.
Ready to transform your smile with dental implants?
Your Family Dental in Merritt Island has four main steps to achieving a complete smile with dental implants:
- Your dentist will examine your mouth and take x-rays to determine whether your jaw bone can support implants
- Posts are embedded into your jawbone in a surgical procedure
- A temporary tooth will be placed onto the post whilst your bone goes through the healing period
- The permanent tooth is fixed to the post and you’ll be ready to flash your brand new smile
Dental implants mean you don’t have to worry about what you eat or having them affect your speech because the prosthetic tooth is fixed to your jaw.